Laura Ingall Wilder wrote “home is the nicest word there is,” and we couldn’t agree more. Here are 6 reasons why you should own a home.
- Freedom – Decorate it to suit your tastes. Remodel to fit your lifestyle. Landscape how you like.
- Pride of Ownership – Home ownership gives you and your family a sense of stability and security. It’s an investment in your future.
- Equity – Money paid for rent is money you’ll never see again. Mortgage payments let you build equity ownership interest in your home.
- Tax Benefits – Mortgage interest isn’t the only thing you can deduct from your taxes, you can also deduct real estate taxes and mortgage insurance premiums.*
- Predictability – A fixed-rate mortgage doesn’t increase, unlike rent.
- Roots – People who own stay in their homes 4 times longer than renters. Get to know your neighbors and get involved in the local community.
Are you ready to begin your home search? Contact Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Towne Realty today!
*Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Towne Realty does not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.
Do you have questions for Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Towne Realty?
Let us know via our Contact An Expert form or on Facebook or Twitter.
#BHHSTowne #GoodToKnow #GoodToASk